How to make these two cookie dough restaurant favorites at home for under £2.50 for both (RRP is almost a tenner!)
We love desserts in our house and no special meal is complete without something sweet and sticky to finish things off. Here I am going to show you how to recreate two of my favorite cookie dough based restaurant desserts at home for much less than they cost buying them in house.
The first thing I would like to mention is that both of the recipes are cheats versions. I’m all for quick and easy when it comes to cooking. However, the desserts still come in at less than £2.50 for both of them. We’d usually share them between two of us but they could easily be shared between more, especially the cookies that could feed four.
These recipes use half a packet of ready made cookie dough each which costs £2 from Sainsbury’s. (If you’re a regular Sainsbury’s shopper check out this post!)
Pizza Hut Style Cookie dough dessert
This is one of those desserts we always used to have when we went to Pizza Hut (we’ve actually stopped going as the food/service at our local one is so bad) So we tried to recreate it at home and it came out really well.
- Cut the pack of Cookie Dough in half and put one half aside to make the Dominos cookies later.
- Place the cookie dough into a small oven proof dish and press into a rounded shape. It doesn’t need to reach the edges but will be more even if it’s rounded out a little
- Cook on gas mark 4 (180 degrees centigrade) for around 30 minutes checking frequently – we like ours quite gooey but some may prefer it more well done.
- Remove from the oven and pop on a plate. Remember the dish it’s served in will be really hot.
- Top wit your choice of ice cream and sauce (we were just using Asda’s own brand vanilla ice cream in the pic below)
And that’s it. Super easy Pizza Hut Style cookie dough desserts for a fraction of the price. It’s usually around £5 in pizza hut – this comes in at around £1.50 including the ice cream and sauce.
After posting this is on my Instagram I had a few people what dish I used – it was a 7 inch Pyrex dish – I think I’m actually using the lid part here not the main part of dish. Here is a link to a similar dish in the same size on amazon (affiliate)
Another favourite in our house – we always used to end up ordering these cookies when we had a Domino’s Pizza, now we make them ourselves.
- Preheat the oven to the highest heat setting
- Split the remaining Cookie Dough into four pieces (I did 5 in the picture below as there was 5 of us – they were a bit smaller than usual)
- Shape the pieces into balls and the press down a little. They still need to be quite thick to prevent spreading and ensure they stay gooey in the middle.
- Place in the oven for 4-5 minutes. They cook really quickly so keep an eye on them!
- Remove from the oven and eat while still warm
Domino’s cookies are usually £3.99 a box – these homemade ones cost just £1.oo saving 75%.