This post may contain Affiliate Links
There are loads of ways to save money in the run up to Christmas and I also know there are plenty ways to earn extra cash in the run up to Christmas too. Being a total foodie, for me, Christmas is all about the food. I’m really careful with what I spend on food throughout the year (in 2016 I spent just £50 per month on food while I saved for my wedding!) so at Christmas it’s nice to have a few treats and indulge in some really lovely Christmas food.
Personally I love the food from M&S food halls. I’ve written an entire post on saving money when food shopping at M&S and while it is more expensive than you’re average supermarket, the quality of most of the food is that little bit better. M&S also have a fantastic Christmas range of food – in-particular we love their Belgian Truffles, Belgian biscuit tin and some of the party they offer.
With Christmas already costing the average person spending a whopping £820, buying some more expensive than normal food may not be the top if your list. However, what I’ve done for the last few year is earn myself some M&S vouchers in the run up to Christmas which mean I can splurge on some of my favourite foods without feeling guilty about the cost.
Survey site Swagbucks will actually pay you in M&S vouchers. There are lot of other options too, such as paypal cash and Amazon vouchers but I like to do M&S vouchers in the run up to Christmas so I can treat myself. Now, full disclosure, Swagbucks is not going to make you rich. It takes time to build up points and there are plenty of other ways to make money online. However, Swagbucks is easy to use, you can earn on the go from your mobile and if you put in a small amount of time each day you could have £30-£40 of M&S vouchers in time for Christmas. I don’t tend to use Swagbucks all year round but I usually spend a bit of time each day in October and November to earn my M&S vouchers.
You can sign up to Swagbucks through my Affiliate link here.
Easiest Ways To Earn Swagbucks
If you take a look around the Swagbucks site you’ll see there are loads of ways to earn. How much time you spend on these is up to you. Personally I try to go for surveys with a really high amount of Swagbucks and tend not to bother with the lower paying ones. The daily survey takes a couple of seconds to complete. If you hit your daily target everyday for a week, two weeks, three weeks or a month you will get bonus Swagbucks so the more you do the more the Swagbucks start to add up.
Other easy ways to earn
- Download the Swagbucks apps to do surveys on the go or to play videos which also earn bucks.
- Like the Swagbucks Facebook page for updates on how to earn extra bucks and swagcodes which can be put into the box on the top of the Swagbucks homepage.
- There a cashback offers but it may be more lucrative to go through somewhere like Topcashback
- Searching the Web through Swagbucks can earn you bucks up to three times each day.
How to Claim your M&S Vouchers
A £10 M&S voucher usually costs 1,689 Swagbucks, but at the time writing (11/10/18) they were on sale for 1,360 Swagbucks. There are various other denominations including £5 and £100.
Simply click redeem and follow any further instructions on claiming your voucher. This can then be printed off and used in store (this is what I usually do) or it can be used online. Sometimes users have reported an issue with claiming the vouchers instore – often it just requires the checkout staff to input the voucher into the till rather than scanning it.
Making the most of your M&S Vouchers
Once you’ve spent all that time earning your M&S vouchers, you’ll want to make sure you get the best value for money when you spend them. Here are my top tips for getting the best value for money when shopping at M&S.
- Going late in the evening will ensure you grab the best bargains – M&S reduce their food just like any other store and there often be some serious bargains to be had.
- Whether it’s the £10, £12 or £20 Dine In For Two these all provide excellent value for money- especially if you the buy whole chicken which will easily cater for more than one meal. Doubling up on this deal also makes a super convenient dinner party for four 😉
- Like any other supermarket M&S do have lots of special offers in the run up to Christmas – this usually includes half price chocolates and boxes of biscuits – perfect for stocking up for Christmas.