This post may contain Affiliate Links
Delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake on a budget – No baking required!
Chocolate hazelnut cheesecake is one of my favorite quick and easy cheesecake recipes. With just five ingredients, it’s simple to make and as it’s no bake you really can’t go wrong. What’s even better is that it comes in at just 37p* a portion – or £3.77* for the whole thing, based on 10 servings and using budget ingredients. Of course you could up the indulgence level if you wanted to by using branded chocolate spread such as Nutella and adding various toppings such as crumbled flake, grated chocolate, crushed oreos – really anything you fancy!
Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake – Serves 8-10
You will need:
- 900 grams of cream cheese
- 400 gram pot of chocolate hazelnut spread
- 100 grams of icing sugar (plus a little extra for dusting)
- 25o grams of biscuits/cookies
- 75 grams of butter
To make this recipe extra thrifty I used all Asda smart price ingredients and was really happy with the way it turned out. It’s also very adaptable recipe so you could use any biscuits that needed using up. The same applies with the cheese, if you have marscapone that needed using up that would work just as well too.
Before starting, place the jar of Hazelnut spread in a bowl of hot water. This will help it soften and it will be easier to work with. Alternatively you could put it in the microwave for a few seconds.
To make the base
- Crush the biscuits either in a food processor or in a bowl using the end of a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter (either on the hob or in the microwave) and add to the biscuits. The mixture should be the consistency of wet sand.
- Firmly press the mixture into the cheesecake tin (I used a 9.5inch one) and pop in the fridge to chill.
To make the topping
- Place all of the cream cheese into a large mixing bowl. Sieve the icing sugar over and gently fold together.
- Add approx 300grams (3/4 jar) of the hazelnut spread to the cream cheese mixture and continue to gently fold in until the chocolate is thoroughly incorporated.
- Cover the biscuit base with the cheesecake mix and smooth out until even.
- Carefully pour the remaining hazelnut spread over the top of the cheesecake. Gently spread out to create a chocolate layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
That’s it. A super simple cheesecake that is sure to impress at any dinner party. If you wanted to add an extra touch of luxury you could put half Ferrero Rocher on each piece! Yum!
*Prices correct at time of publishing on 10/02/17